22.4.10

Well, I missed wishing everybody a happy 4/20 by a couple of days. Huh. Can't say I have any memorable 4/20s in my past, but being a pretty typical Northern Californian(er), I'm certain I've enjoyed a few.

If I had been around a computer last night, I would have wished everybody a happy 4/21. There's no significance to 4/21 that I'm aware of, but last night I was thinking about how when I was a kid, probably bout 8, I rode with my friends through the early morning of July 5th and collected the previous night's used fireworks. We weren't looking for the accidentally discarded live bomb. We were collecting the material evidence of the previous nights revelry, each of us emptying our backpacks onto the grass and separating the common fireworks from the exploded firecrackers that somebody had smuggled out of the Indian Reservation or across the border from Tijuana. It was awesome, and that memory of 7/5 is more palpable than any of the many 7/4s.

No comments: