14.4.10

I must have a very recognizable face. People who have never seen me know me from somewhere. Like a fine wine, I pair it with a familiar manner...(ewww, sorry for that)

A Fruit Guy gave me a very good, really, a phenomenal deal the other day because I am a 'very good customer.' I had been there only once before, so either I was the only repeat customer he's ever had, or he thought I was somebody else. Maybe several somebodies, who knows? Now that I think of it, I get a lot of people looking at me strangely as I walk down the street. I've always just figured that it was because I must be kinda silly looking, which is why I'm always checking my fly. But maybe it's because they think that maybe they know me, maybe I remind them of somebody...maybe a movie star? Yep, probably a movie star.

But wait, I just thought of a third option. It could be, and indeed very likely is the case, that this otherwise honest Fruit Guy tells every customer, hell, passersby even, that they are 'very good customers.' My fly is down, isn't it? Sigh.

No comments: