8.4.10

Far be it from me to doubt the B.I.G., but my money is currently solving a whole lot of problems. It could be that me and Biggie have different ideas on mo and money, but when you've got nothing a little sure as shit helps.

In the last couple of months I've gotten my teeth fixed, gone to the doctor (twice), got my eyes checked. I've painted my kitchen, and made my student loan payments. I've enjoyed several nice dinners, after-work cocktails, working lunches. I've been eating, plenty, and drinking just the right amount.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night to use the bathroom. Usually when this happens I have a helluva time getting back to sleep. There are no distractions at 3:00am, there's very little of anything at all. It's when I'm most anxious, and my mind races over all that might be the cause of my anxiety, but of course there is no cause for my anxiety, so my mind just races over and over again over every shortcoming, over every mistake, over every deception, and I just lie awake. But last night I just went right back to sleep. I even thought to myself, 'nothing to keep me awake, tonight.'

Hey, I've still got my issues, shit just doesn't go away because you've got a couple dimes in your pocket. But I'm dealing with them, and I'm able to deal with them because I'm working hard, and earning a few dollars. It's a taste of responsibility, of the kind of independence that comes after failing to take care of yourself, but never failing to keep open the possibility that someday, you might just figure it out.

So, mo money? In this case, I'll take it. It ain't Biggie money anyways.

No comments: