11.7.07

I've Stopped Smoking


Well, I haven't had a cigarette in nearly half a week. A small step, certainly, but I feel good about it. I've also made the decision to "watch" my drinking and diet. Why, you ask? Could it be the fact that I've just had a birthday (28)? Could it be that I've just returned from a wedding, where I mingled with all my healthier, wealthier and if not happier, at least more sexually satisfied friends? Well, yeah. You bet. That's right. I've decided that little Chris needs to grow up. I've decided that someday I might like to have a job, a wife, maybe even a kid. Furthermore, I've decided that I might like to be able to take care of them and, dare say, be a fucking role model. So I've decided to stop smoking, to drink less - maybe only red wine, and to eat a little bit better. I've spent many years indirectly trying to kill myself, only to fail. Now it's time for plan B.

No comments: