3.10.08


As you probably already know, Banksy's in town for a gallery opening by his dealer. I like Banksy's work, but I'd like to add an additional 'K' to his name: Banksky. It seems to roll off the tongue better, I think.

Had some time to kill before the debate last night, so I set off in search of clues.


Look familiar?

Last night was Thursday night, opening night at the galleries. I'm walking through Soho, Tribeca, looking in the corners, in the shadows, camera in hand, aware of the natty crowds getting drunk on free wine, wanting to ditch my backpack, wanting to join them, wanting to "hob-nob." But they're mainly poseurs, and they're missing the sublimity of finding an equation scrawled on a wall.



Wow, yesterday and last night were big in terms of the Search for Cieso. Checked out Artkraft Strauss in the afternoon, and though there was no new work, there was a flyer for Chashama, an organization that had opened the buiding last weekend as a space for artists to show their work. One of the artists featured on the flyer was El Celso. Holy Shit! Nobody ever suggests that the 'i' in 'ceiso' was, since it appears as a single line, an 'l'? Here's a link to his Flickr stream: celso nyc.

Well, I'm going to get together with El Celso soon. Maybe he can help me with these little robots I've been seeing everywhere. I hear they kill.

No comments: